Through the MIDREX® Process License, Midrex broadens its network of technical information, operating data, and hands-on experiences which keeps MIDREX Direct Reduction Technology on the leading edge.
The basic principles of Midrex Technology Sharing are:
- Keep equipment designs and plant operations as simple and uncomplicated as possible
- Tailor training to specific operational and production goals
- Provide ongoing operational support and technical assistance
- Exchange technical improvements within the Midrex family (Midrex and Construction & Process Licensees)
Midrex has a dedicated Technical Services Group, which regularly visits plants and hosts an annual plant operations seminar. Representatives of each Process Licensee, along with Construction Licensees and key equipment suppliers meet to exchange ideas and experiences and make or renew acquaintances.
Start-Up and Commissioning
Since 1969, MIDREX Plants have a reputation for being completed on-time, on-budget, and quickly achieving production and performance guarantees. To accomplish this, Midrex employs standardized start-up and commissioning procedures for each plant:
- Midrex and the Construction Licensee inspect all equipment, associated instrumentation, and controls to verify the functionality of the total system.
- All plant systems are verified during reformer heat-up and under hot conditions.
- Process gas is introduced to initiate reforming into reducing gas.
- Plant undergoes official performance testing according to parameters established in the plant supply contract.
- Plant is officially turned over to the customer in a commissioning ceremony upon successful performance testing.
From this point forward, the customer’s plant operations personnel are teamed with their counterparts in the Midrex/Construction Licensee team for Technology Transfer, hands-on training and continued support.