When you become a part of the Midrex family, you are joining a global network of bright, innovative teammates who are striving towards a common goal – providing outstanding value to our clients. Our dynamic team around the world contributes to a culture of accountability, integrity, and innovation.
Midrex Technologies, Inc. is seeking professionals who want to make a difference. We are the world leader for clean and reliable ironmaking solutions for steelmakers around the world in the fastest growing sector of the steel industry. We believe in a dynamic, collaborative working environment powered by a culture of teamwork and a commitment to give back to both our employees and the community. At Midrex, we ask a lot of our employees, which is why we give so much in return with an excellent benefit package and matching 401(k).
The General Function of this position is to provide system and equipment design associated with the construction and design of Direct Reduced Iron plants while providing new technology initiatives.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform designs and systems through calculations associated with E/I engineering;
- Sketch and transfer conceptual design ideas to the designers for development of E/I drawings;
- Coordinate the E/I design effort by acting as a Lead E/I Engineer for a particular project by: (a) directing the efforts of assigned engineers and designers for the E/I system design requirements; (b) checking drawings, calculations, sketches, etc. for the project; (c) development specifications/requisitions for support of purchasing effort; (d) reviewing and approving purchasing quotations, vendor drawings, and QA documents.
- Technically support purchasing with review of vendor submittals and on-site inspections of equipment.
- Provide direction and technical support for engineers and designers.
- Analyze equipment for current technology.
- Check drawings and drafting for adherence to designs
- Review designs and assist Senior Engineers and Management by making suggestions to improve an existing or proposed design relative to its function.
- Travel to job sites to analyze equipment, collect data and information, interact with plant personnel, and gain experience valuable to design considerations (i.e. operating conditions, temperature considerations, etc.).
- Travel on business trips and/or field assignments as required to carry out departmental tasks and functions.
- Write technical specifications for the equipment design, fabrication, procurement, etc.
- Work as a “team player” with all company departments and employees in all assignments. Work toward building consensus on all assignments by finding solutions which meet the best interests of all parties involved.
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science, Electrical/Instrumentation
- 10 years hands on design experience in a technical environment, preferably the steel industry.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally (occasionally for long periods of time)
- Ability to move around project site including climbing structures
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills
- Ability to meet schedule deadlines
Our employee engagement scores are best in class and we are more committed than ever to ensuring our culture drives our vision of becoming the most valuable and reliable source of iron for the steel industry. Integrity, teamwork, and commitment are just a few aspects of our culture that make Midrex a great place to work.
I have always felt that I am part of a team of motivated, intelligent people who work hard and want the best for the Midrex family. That pushes me to do likewise.Todd Ames
Senior Key Account Manager
There is a sense of camaraderie, and empowerment here at Midrex. Working here allows you to maintain your individuality, while also being part of a team.Tamia Scales
Knowledge Management & Technology Administrator
The culture and people that make up the Midrex community are what I find most motivating about working here. There is a strong sense of inclusion and prioritizing interpersonal relationships that seems part of the foundation of our corporate culture.Greg Walker
Midrex is a great company to make a Career with, and that’s why I choose to be part of the Midrex Family. Midrex is unique among our industry in that it is truly a 'people first' company. People – our Customers and our Teammates matter first here. We work hard to serve the needs of our customers and interests of our company. At Midrex, you are trusted to get the job done – and expected to do so. However – you can be confident that this company and its leadership genuinely care about you and your family.Robert Montgomery
Key Account Manager - MENA