When you become a part of the Midrex family, you are joining a global network of bright, innovative teammates who are striving towards a common goal – providing outstanding value to our clients. Our dynamic team around the world contributes to a culture of accountability, integrity, and innovation.
Midrex Technologies, Inc. is seeking professionals who want to make a difference. We are the world leader for clean and reliable ironmaking solutions for steelmakers around the world in the fastest growing sector of the steel industry. We believe in a dynamic, collaborative working environment powered by a culture of teamwork and a commitment to give back to both our employees and the community. At Midrex, we ask a lot of our employees, which is why we give so much in return with an excellent benefit package and matching 401(k).
The General Function of this position is to interact with our clients both domestic and international as well as proposal development for the supply of aftermarket parts, materials and equipment to MIDREX Plants.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development of proposals for MIDREX Global Solutions equipment sales as directed by the Sales Manager- Midrex Global Solutions.
- Identify and propose spare parts and equipment by working directly with clients.
- Resolution of discrepancies or customer complaints.
- Participate in contract negotiations with potential clients.
- Protect Midrex and MIDREX technology by identifying situations that would require the need for Midrex confidentiality/secrecy agreements with outside companies.
- Prepare reports to notify Midrex Management of equipment sales activities.
- Comply with ISO procedures in proposal and contract development.
- Assist in the preparation of technical papers/presentations and articles for Direct From Midrex.
- Develop relationships with Midrex commercial and technical groups to keep informed of new developments in the company and technology.
- Meet department sales goals established by Midrex Commercial Management.
- Other duties as assigned by MIDREX Global Solutions-Equipment Sales Manager.
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science preferred with engineering emphasis or experience.
- 5 years’ experience in heavy industrial sales with preference in steel or petrochemical industry.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple sale projects and other work assignments.
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels of clients both internally and externally.
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products.
- Prefer experience with ERP systems such as Dynamics AX and D365CE Software.
Our employee engagement scores are best in class and we are more committed than ever to ensuring our culture drives our vision of becoming the most valuable and reliable source of iron for the steel industry. Integrity, teamwork, and commitment are just a few aspects of our culture that make Midrex a great place to work.
I have always felt that I am part of a team of motivated, intelligent people who work hard and want the best for the Midrex family. That pushes me to do likewise.Todd Ames
Senior Key Account Manager
There is a sense of camaraderie, and empowerment here at Midrex. Working here allows you to maintain your individuality, while also being part of a team.Tamia Scales
Knowledge Management & Technology Administrator
The culture and people that make up the Midrex community are what I find most motivating about working here. There is a strong sense of inclusion and prioritizing interpersonal relationships that seems part of the foundation of our corporate culture.Greg Walker
Midrex is a great company to make a Career with, and that’s why I choose to be part of the Midrex Family. Midrex is unique among our industry in that it is truly a 'people first' company. People – our Customers and our Teammates matter first here. We work hard to serve the needs of our customers and interests of our company. At Midrex, you are trusted to get the job done – and expected to do so. However – you can be confident that this company and its leadership genuinely care about you and your family.Robert Montgomery
Key Account Manager - MENA